Interested in a Ph.D. or Post-Doc in Finance/Insurance?
Informal communication from potential Ph.D. applicants is encouraged if research interests are related to the following topics:
- Information Transmission in Financial Markets
- Behavioral Finance
- Credit Risk
- Executive Compensation
- Ratings (Corporate, Insurance, Sovereign)
- Insurance Economics
- Actuarial Science (Longevity, Pensions, Catastrophe Risk)
Applicants should have a strong quantitative background (preferably probability theory and econometrics). Programming experience with statistical or mathematical software will be considered an advantage.
Current Ph.D. Students/Candidates:
- Maria Efthymiou (in progress), University of Cyprus.
- Panayiotis Papakyriakou
- Placement at the University of Southampton.
- Erik Berwart, Manchester Business School.
- Placement at the Superintendency of Banks and Financial Institutions (SBIF), Chile.